Hot Corn Dip/ Asparagus&Bacon

All About Trisha's Book and what did you think of it?

Hot Corn Dip/ Asparagus&Bacon

Postby wmdude102086 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:29 am

I am lacking in the cooking dept, Trisha's last book i had made 50 recepies in the first month! But so far I have only made the hot corn dip, it was good, but I was expecting something a bit more spicier? Maybe i'll add jalepenos next time! But I wasnt all that excited with it but it was very easy to make

Currently the asparagus and bacon is in the oven and it SMELLS AMAZING!!! So I will have to let you know how that one turns out! If its half as good as it smells im in good shape! I wanna make some of the cakes in this book, but cakes are hard to make........especially for guys, we lack a gene i think? lol

Cory
wmdude102086

Re: Hot Corn Dip/ Asparagus&Bacon

Postby wmdude102086 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:46 am

just tried the asparagus wrapped in bacon

Oh....My....Goodness :fiesta:
wmdude102086

Postby bll » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:11 am

I grew up with a similiar recipe and I agree- her's rocks!
Enjoy Life! This is NOT a dress rehearsal.
bll

Postby Nuwanda » Tue May 25, 2010 6:34 pm

i just wondered if there is anybody who tried something else.
i 've marked about 20 recipes as "to try", but i have to wait for my next holiday for it.
i am curios about the shamrock salad: to me it doesn't look like a salad, but i've learned that it isn't very important how things look, they can taste anyway.
i am much to young to feel this damn old
Nuwanda

Postby flotowndesi » Tue May 25, 2010 9:53 pm

i haven't tried anything from the second book yet. but a couple months back i made the chicken and broccoli casserole from the first book. i attempted to make it in my dorm room at school...so i wasn't expecting much. but surprisingly it turned out really well. i plan on tackling another recipe this week...but can't pick which one. i was thinking something in the realm of casseroles again. any suggestions?
flotowndesi

Postby bll » Wed May 26, 2010 5:19 am

The saltines/chocs thing (AKA 'crack' per Mrs. Brooks) is beyond wonderful. I made this for a friends party and I'm sure TY has sold at least 32 more cookbooks!!
Enjoy Life! This is NOT a dress rehearsal.
bll

Postby Nuwanda » Wed May 26, 2010 3:27 pm

flotowndesi wrote:i haven't tried anything from the second book yet. but a couple months back i made the chicken and broccoli casserole from the first book. i attempted to make it in my dorm room at school...so i wasn't expecting much. but surprisingly it turned out really well. i plan on tackling another recipe this week...but can't pick which one. i was thinking something in the realm of casseroles again. any suggestions?

thinking of s.th. like casseroles i think i only tried the chicken pie, but i can recommend it. it looks strange, but tastes very good.
Nuwanda

Postby Nuwanda » Wed May 26, 2010 3:28 pm

bll wrote:The saltines/chocs thing (AKA 'crack' per Mrs. Brooks) is beyond wonderful. I made this for a friends party and I'm sure TY has sold at least 32 more cookbooks!!

:banana2: :banana2: :banana2:
Nuwanda

Postby Nuwanda » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:41 pm

i came back from holiday about a week ago and didn't do very much, but i tried some of the new recipes:
jalapeno bites - i put the jalapenos AND the seeds in there and that was really hot, but i love it that way
watermelon salsa (very refreshing)
chicken and rice soup (Yummy)
tennessee jambalaya (Yummy)
strawberry salad - that was a good one. i tasted the dressing without the salad and thought "wow - that is a strong one", but with all the salad ingredients it was perfect. really awesome
shamrock salad - was okay, but not really my thing. a friend of mine liked it and kept the leftover for the next day
meatballs - good, but not much different from ours
pork medaillons - delicious
barbecued prok ribs - delicious
sweet and saltines - good snack if you just like to nibble something. different from the things i usually eat then, but highly recommend it

had some more on my list, but didn't find time to try them all. first there was the football world championship and the last week was so hot i didn't even want to eat, but i will try to do some of the other recipes some day.
Nuwanda

Return to All About Trisha's Book